1.24.2010

Banana Cream Pie



So, today marks an important day for exactly two reasons.

1. the first pie of Pie in the Sky!

2. It's my dad's 59th birthday.

...oh yeah. and I've never had banana cream pie in my entire life, which also makes today fairly important because that is what I get to look forward to tonight. Apparently (I never knew this), banana cream pie is my dad's favorite dessert of all time, so I decided to indulge him and make it.


So, for the recipe, I turned to the my default, dear old Martha. It was very complicated. In fact, I never even knew that pie could be so complicated. Make the crust. Chill the crust. Roll the crust. Chill the crust again, and so on and so forth for about three more hours. Now, I'm sure Martha will prove herself and this pie will be absolutely amazing. It better be after how long I spent on it. Have a lovely rest of your Sunday.

2 comments:

Susan C said...

So, how was it? It sure is beautiful.

Sarah said...

It utterly delicious, very creamy and awesome, thanks for asking! I really appreciate the comment .

Post a Comment